IBM has created new mobile, management, and storage components for its PureFlex and Flex System lines, including a new storage system to help improve storage utilization. Tightly integrated with IBM Flex System Manager, the new storage system uses IBM Storwize family virtualization and IBM Real-time Compression technologies, which can reduce storage requirements by up to 80 percent.
- integrated end-to-end storage management
- mobile access to the system for through mobile devices (Android, Blackberry and iOS)
- centralized control of user id's and passwords across nodes and chassis for greater system security
New Flex System Components
- Management. A new version of IBM Flex System Manager lets you bring components online faster, provide better monitoring and alerts, and more easily integrates applications, services, and workloads through a new, easier user interface and mobile access.
- Storage. IBM has integrated the Flex System V7000 storage node with built-in virtualization, intelligent tiering, and IBM Real-time Compression that enables storing up to five times as much data in the same physical disk space.
- Processors. New POWER7+, x440, and x220 compute nodes. All POWER compute nodes are now available as build-to-order components in Flex System.
- Networking. New converged fabric switches provide Fibre Channel over Ethernet and new adaptors let you choose from a variety of networking technologies.